National Sales Manager (ref: MHANSM041121)
We are currently recruiting a motivated National Sales Manager.
Field based and Welwyn Garden City
Purpose of the role and primary objective
To increase Sales Revenue and to maximise the Company Gross Margin through the management and control of the external sales department of Barco Sales Ltd.
- To maximise Sales and Gross Margin through programmed sales activity.
- To ensure that all customers are visited within the specified time frame.
- To ensure all Reps Areas are routed and managed effectively.
- To ensure client expectations are being matched by offering a consistently reliable and responsive service.
- To ensure the team is operating efficiently, complying with all relevant legislation and operating to Company standards
- To resource, manage and develop and motivate a stable and successful team, developing individuals to their maximum potential in order to achieve company and team objectives.
- To manage the business through rigorous business planning and performance management.
Tasks, duties and responsibilities
- To drive forward sales activity by identifying key accounts and developing them through a structured sales process.
- To prepare a structured sales plan that demonstrates an understanding of local markets within which the team operates.
- To proactively build relationships with both existing and prospective clients through regular programmed contact management activity.
- To arrange and attend sales and service visits.
- To develop and support tenders and proposals as appropriate in response to client requests.
- To understand the market and products of local and/or national client needs and to ensure staff are trained and managed with that knowledge.
- To manage effective operating processes in line with the needs of the business and legal obligations including Health and Safety.
- To maximise efficiency through the effective use of technology.
- To carry out regular service level evaluations in line with both client and the business expectations, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- To build and maintain cost effective relationships with third party suppliers to meet service level commitments. i.e. Agents
- To recruit and retain the appropriate team in line with agreed procedures and ensure they are trained and developed to support business requirements and individual potential.
- To attend team and company meetings and communicate information effectively.
- To appraise staff on an annual basis. To review performance quarterly and to ensure weekly, monthly, targets objectives and KPIs are in place, understood and met.
- To help identify individual and team training and development needs and facilitate the appropriate development plans.
Business Planning and Financial Control
- To drive sales forward by identifying prospective new customers and to develop them through a structured sales process.
- Optimise rep route visits with regular evaluation and management.
- To prepare and evaluate weekly figures and take corrective action as appropriate
- To prepare annual business plan, budget and regular forecast.
- To ensure client acceptance of Conditions of Business and payment terms
- To ensure payroll, invoice and debtor information requests/ issues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Performance Indicators:
- £ Sales £
- Gross margin
- Year on year growth
- New clients
- External Sales CRMs
- Field visits
- Promoted product sales achievement
- Client retention
- Staff retention
- Sales per sales rep
- Gross margin per sales rep
- Expense per sales rep
- Operating profit per sales rep
- % Barco customer service attainment
- Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Buying Department and Other Managers.
Inspirational, influential with the drive to achieve. The job will require that tangible, measurable results are achieved through and with people.
Friendly, assertive, independent, quick paced with the ability to motivate others. Persuasive with the ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment and willing acceptance. You will enjoy challenging situations and have the freedom to act and the authority to take decisions within a company framework.
The job will best be fulfilled by a person who is self-confident, enthusiastic, friendly, positive, self-starting, competitive, venturesome, mobile, active, alert and independent.
20 raising to 25 Days after 6 months
Hybrid / Negotiable